I'm trying to get back into things here . . . good to start with a meme. This one is from Wry Catcher.
1. What do you add to your coffee? I don't often drink coffee. When I do it's a latte - vanilla - over ice.
2. What are you reading now? Oh holy hell! I need to update my list, write some reviews. Up next on the listening list is Acacia by David Anthony Durham and I'm reading Brasyl by Ian McDonald.
3. Do you own a gun? Yes, more than one.
4. Are you registered to vote? Yes
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? I've solved that by not seeing doctors.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I rarely eat them, and when I do I make sure they weren't produced in any of the meat packing plants in which I've worked.
7. Favorite Christmas Song? It's all just background music, I don't have a favorite.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? EmergenC.
9. Can you do push ups? Yes
10. What was the name of your first boyfriend/girlfriend? Her name was Tipwan. I asked her to "go with me" back in 8th grade.
11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelery? I have this cool silver clasp bracelet that Sugar bought for me. I should take a photo of it.
12. Favorite hobby? Canoing.
13. Do you work with people who idolize you? I work with my little brother and my son. Of course they don't idolize me.
14. Do you have ADD? No
15. What’s one trait that you hate about yourself? I'm inflexible.
16. What’s your Middle name? That's none of your business.
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. I wish I'd written the plot for Dexter. Should I go to the lake today? What should I make for breakfast?
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday. Yesterday was unusual, I bought a lot of stuff at a $400 trip to Costco. A fan, new pillows, and chocolate chunk cookies.
19. Name 3 beverages you regularly drink. Mountain Dew Live Wire (the orange kind), Water, Beer (Newcastle)
20. Current worry right now? How's Large going to do this school year. His problems with his mom are foremost in my mind. I hope he can overcome such a difficult challenge.
21. What side do you dress to? Right to left I suppose.
22. Favorite place to be? Right here, at my desk.
23. How did you bring in the New Year? We have a ritual here - board games, cards, snacks, and pajamas. It's my favorite.
24. Where would you like to go? Alaska again. Actually I'd like to go along the coast - kayak, canoe, etc.
25. Name three people who will complete this. I don't predict other people's behavior.
26. Whose answers do you want to read the most? These are kind of inane questions. Answer if you want, I'll read them, but I don't have great anticipation for deep insights with these answers.
27. What color shirt are you wearing? Black. It's a BTTD shirt.
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? How would I know?
29. Can you whistle? sure, but I can't do loud wolf whistles and I can't whistle in tune.
30. Favorite colors(s)? blue, green, black, grey
31. Could you be a pirate? Sure
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? I think about my writing in the shower, I don't sing.
33. Favorite girls name? What? Want me to write it in the back of my social studies notebook and surround it with hearts? Dumb question.
34. Favorite boy’s name? See above.
35. What’s in your pocket right now? Cell Phone.
36. Last thing that made you laugh? Large and I were joking and wrestling yesterday.
37. Best bed sheets as a child? Dallas Cowboy sheets my grandma bought me when I was nine.
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? I have an ongoing knee problem - most of the cartilage has been worn away. I can't jog or play basketball any longer because of it. I guess that's not a single injury, but that's what you get.
39. Do you love where you live? Yes
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? Two. Yeah, the kids have one now.
41. Who is your loudest friend? Mark.
42. How many dogs do you have? One, and he's a real dog. Over 80 pounds, drools, obeys commands: perfect for me.
43. Does anyone have a crush on you? I highly doubt it.
44. What are the most fun things you ever did? Isn't that what this blog's all about?
45. What are your favorite books? Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes; To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee; The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien; Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
46. What is your favorite candy? M&Ms, plain.
47. Favorite Team? Oklahoma Sooners
48. What songs do you want played at your funeral? I'll be dead you know. I won't really care. Just nothing with God in it - or heaven, or that'll make emotional people cry. Just play some early 80's brit like Depeche Mode or Madness. No one can cry at that.
49. What were you doing at 12 AM? Drinking a beer, surfing the net.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Who the hell is calling me on a day off?
Okay, we're back on track. I'll start working on tomorrow's post.
- rick, meme'ing.